Tuesday, June 3, 2008

XBLA Delisting - Developer Response Part 2 - Merscom LLC


For Part 1 of Delisting - Developer Response, click here.

For the second part of responses, I was able to talk with Lloyd Melnick, Chief Customer Officer and Co-Founder of Merscom, who recently released Buku Sudoku onto the service. With their single release on the Xbox Live Arcade now under their belt, Mr. Melnick has a much different take on the changes to that of Metanet.

Lloyd Melnick, CCO and Co-founder of Merscom
"I support this policy. I think it is important to maintain a consistent level of quality and if a game is not hitting these targets (which are not that rigorous) they aren't giving the gamer a good experience.

"We put almost three years into Buku and it is frustrating that there is so much noise that player's may not realize our game really is good.

"I always believe in quality over quantity and I think the Microsoft policy is a good move in this direction. I understand how some developers feel they might end up wasting their effort, but I think if they make a REAL effort these hurdles should be a piece of cake."
Tune in Friday for more thoughts from Xbox Live Arcade developers, and how we can help the XBLA to reach its full potential.

Thanks to Lloyd Melnick for taking the time to respond to my query.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

According to reviews, Buku Sudoku is not a good game. It's been panned as little more than just another sudoku game. However after trying it myself, I'd say it's one of the top electronic sudoku games I've played and a great version for the platform.

Rlan said...

Yeah, the main problem here is that they've all gone "Well, it's great for a Sudoku game but... it's a Sudoku game!"